So today I was at Whole Foods and I was craving Oreos. However, Oreos are not so good for you and also not something you will find at Whole Foods anyway. Since they are filled with high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, and things that I am not even sure what they are, I try to avoid them. But I LOVE them so much! So today I decided to try an organic sandwich cookie, Late July Organic Vanilla Bean with Green Tea. With antioxidants and 4g of whole grain per serving, which is 4 cookies (48g) in a single serving package, they are trans-fat free, have no artificial flavors, colors, or preservative and no high fructose corn syrup. I guess they’re okay for healthy cookies, but unlike Oreos I wasn’t tempted to eat more than the one package. So I will not be buying these again, I do however think I will try another brand in the future since I miss my Oreos so. Ironically Nabisco actually made organic Oreos, in 2007, but they must not have gone over well because they don’t make them anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment